Friday, April 11, 2008

Places to eat

I have been to several fine places to eat in the last couple of months. I thought I should share my thoughts on them.

Last Thursday evening we decided to drop by the Iron Bridge Wine Co. I have heard plenty of wonderful things about this wine bar with great food. Everything I have heard has been good and everything I have heard has been true. The parking lot was pretty much packed, as I hear it always is. We had no trouble getting a table however.

The place is small. If you would be uncomfortable sitting six inches away from the strangers at the next table, you would be uncomfortable here. We were inches away from a know it all guy trying to impress his date. It was quite obvious that he was into her way more than she was into him, which was sad but entertaining.

The walls are lined with wine bottles, just in case you can't tell by the name that this is a wine bar. There are no Budweiser taps visible at the bar. I don't know if they offer beer at all. They pour water from wine bottles and a server visits your table with a basket of bread. It is all quite charming and you can tell that customer service is very important to them.

We ordered a variety of appetizers as we weren't all that hungry. The server did an excellent job deciding what to serve, when. The food was very good and well presented on the plate. We each ordered a flight of wine, NJG chose Spanish wines and I went for Burgundy. We had a great time testing and sharing. We had a wonderful time and never felt rushed. Of course, it was late on a Thursday evening, it wasn't like there was a line of people waiting for our spot.

The bathroom was spotless. The paper towels were the most luxurious paper towels I have ever used.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Hmmm...I may be down in Baltimore in the next few weeks. If I make it I may try this place out.

charmcitygirl said...

If you are coming to Charm City I will be happy to point you in all kinds of directions.