Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy New Year

Yes today is my birthday. I know, I haven't kept up with my blog. No one comes here anymore. I only have myself to blame. Birthdays are like New Year's to me. It is the first day of my new year. It is my chance to make more resolutions. I'm going to come back. I'm going to re-commit to writing. I miss it. I am not the same when I don't blog.

I am busier than I have ever been. Things have picked up at work so I don't have quite as much time as I did to write here. I will have to be more organized and more dedicated.

April seems to be a month of hope in Charm City. First, let me mention the Orioles. That's right, first place in the American League. April is when I pay the most attention to baseball because it seems to be the month the O's do best. We are always somewhat near the top, if not in first in our division, in April. But, they say that this year is the best start in 10 years. I guess that is something to celebrate. We need to grab hold of these things when we can. Never mind that the home crowd average has been somewhere around 10,000 people from what I understand. It is just too cold for people to be out at Camden Yards.

We also have the NFL draft in April. That is always reason to be hopeful in Baltimore since we have such talent at picking the winners. We sure have many gaps to fill.

The weather has been absolutely dismal. Yesterday I wore a turtleneck sweater to work. I am officially tired of sweaters. So today I am wearing something new and it definitely screams spring. So what if I freeze, I am in denial. If it is warmer, it is also raining. The grass in the backyard is desperate for a mowing but I just can't bring myself to do it in a turtleneck sweater and winter coat. I will need a machete to cut it when I get to it.

Tonight NJG and I are going to see a musical at Center Stage. I have never been to this venue before. We are seeing Music Late at Night. You know I will let you know all about it. We are also eating at George's in Mt. Vernon. I will let you know about that too.

I have much to tell you, we have been to the opera and have been to a few restaurants that I would love to review here. I think I will need to change my format a little, add some new, ditch what is irrelevant.

I have stopped listening to WYPR but NJG hasn't. They do play jazz in the evening and are truly our only source for such music on the radio in Baltimore. Some smart person will figure out that this would work in Baltimore, jazz, real jazz, not that smooth jazz crapola. During the day at work I am listening to either WDNA, www.seriousjazz.org, or WNYC, www.wnyc.org. WDNA is out of Miami. Frank Consola has a wonderful program in the morning. He is very interesting, obviously loves jazz. WNYC is based in the Big Apple of course. They have great talk shows and at 2 pm Soundcheck comes on. This guy knows something about every genre of music you could possibly think of. You never know what you are going to hear on this show.

Well, that is all I have for now.

2 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

I actually love smooth jazz. It's my fav.

Center Stage is great. I've been there many times and have seen some really great plays there.

Tell us how you like it . I think you will have a fabulous time.

charmcitygirl said...

That's OK, Diva, I love ya anyway.