Thursday, February 14, 2008

Marc Steiner replaced by columnist

WYPR has announced their replacement for Marc Steiner.

Oddly enough, it sounds like the format, will remain essentially unchanged. Is this the format that was getting poor ratings?

WYPR has decided to replace the local, homegrown Marc Steiner with a newspaper columnist who moved to Baltimore in 1976. He was born in East Bridgewater, Mass. He is not from this area at all. He didn't grow up here. It won't be the same. I don't know him so I won't comment about his motives, but no one ever had to wonder about Marc's motives.

I am getting old and having to cope with these changes. Yes, Camden Yards and Raven's Stadium are nice, but they aren't the "world's largest outdoor insane assylum", Macy's has some nice things, but it can't hold a candle to Hutzler's. I am sure Port Discovery is enjoyed by lots of kids, but I miss the fish market. The Arabs seem few and far between now.

Dan, you seem like a nice enough guy, but you ain't no Marc Steiner.

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

I just stopped by to say hi

Steve H said...

i long for memorial stadium...