Thursday, July 17, 2008

Artscape 2008

If you have never been to Artscape, and you live in the Baltimore area, I don't even want to know you. Artscape is the largest free arts festival in the country. That's right, in the country. There is something for everyone. I mean everyone. Seriously.

If you like to eat, they have got you covered.

You want a beer? Got it. Only drink micro-brews? Got that too.

You want live music? Hell yeah.
Rock? Yes
Indie Rock? Yes, yes
Jazz? yes
orchestra? yes
Billie Holliday singing contest? Annual event.
DJ? You will find me at the DJ Culture stage.
Belly Dancing? Even got that

There are art cars. I can't explain it, you have to see it.

There are arts and crafts booths for kids.

There is art for sale.

There is a fashion show.

It is wonderful.

The only problem is, it is always one of the hottest weekends of the summer and this year will be no exception from what I saw of the forecast this morning. But the heat is a small price to pay.

I will be there tomorrow evening with my daughter. I am taking the day off tomorrow and going to get her from college so she doesn't have to miss it. We will be at the Saturn Stage tomorrow at 5 pm for The Oranges Band and will be back at that same stage at 8:30 for Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

What more could you want for free?

2 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so looking forward to going this weekend. You better believe it!!!

L said...

I was supposed to go and ended up not being able to. Blah!