Thursday, December 6, 2007

Be There or Be Square, Hon

Happening this weekend:

The Baltimore School for the Arts will be performing their newly choreographed version of The Nutcracker at the Myerhoff on December 8th at 11 am. I am sure it will be very good and when you see it you will be amazed that these are high school students performing, high school students from a Baltimore City Public School.

December 9th is the annual cookie tour in historic Union Square. If I can manage it, I will be there. The tour starts at noon. the tickets are $15.00 and for that you get some homemade holiday cookies and a tour of some beautiful historic homes that are all decked out for the holidays. This tour even includes H.L.Mencken's Baltimore home. He was a famous Baltimore journalist in his time. His home is not usually open to the public. Should be a real treat.

Finally, the Indianapolis Colts come to Baltimore for Sunday night football. I will be there. It will be hard for me to see those Colt uniforms on the field in Baltimore but I am going with my brother who takes me to a game every year. It was either the Colts or the Steelers and with the way my Ravens are playing I don't think I have the stomach for Pittsburgh fans in my city. So I will brave the elements.

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend planed!!! Have fun!!!!

Steve H said...

i will have my joe ehrmann jersey on while i'm watching the game (sorry ravens...)