Monday, September 10, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

Tonight the Ravens start their season against the Bengals in Cincinnati. I don't know yet where I will watch the game. I don't like to watch at home because the rest of the family isn't really into it and I like to enjoy a beer or two with the game and I never drink alone. I guess I'll come up with something. Perhaps a visit to GL Shacks in Catonsville.

Apparently they have changed Monday Night Football entirely. I knew they moved it to ESPN and changed the time to 7pm. I thought that made it pretty unfair to the folks out on the west coast seeing as the game would start at 4pm. Then I heard this morning that there are two games. The 7 pm is the "early" game. There is another scheduled to begin after that. Which of course means that everyone on the east coast will be up very, very late tonight. I mean, if you are out at a bar watching MNF and having a good time, what are the chances you are leaving early? We'll see.

I am in a pick 5 against the spread contest at the message board (link to the right). I opted out of fantasy football this year. I don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore and I don't like to just do it halfway. I try real hard to give everything my best.

I stopped into Safeway this morning to pick up a new pair of pantyhose and overheard one of the employees telling the other that there will be lots of purple around town today. he was very excited about the game and it was great. It is what I love about this time of year.

Sunday I watched the Men's final match at the US Open. Federer again, surprise, surprise. He won in straight sets but the first two had to go to tie breaks.

And finally, in college news, my daughter's football team, Shenandoah University, lost the second game of their season on Saturday. But apparently, a good time was had by all.

No comments: