Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Charm City Girl's Review of the Week

I have customized my home page at the office to give me plenty of interesting places to visit on the world wide web. I spend almost all day at my desk and often have little to do until this project gets more underway.

One of the items I chose for my desktop was tips from ProBlogger. Now, I am not there to try to make money online, I would just like to figure out ways to draw more people to my blog because it inspires me to write every day if I feel like someone really is reading. I have only been reading a few short weeks.

The advice has been invaluable. Some of the tips have been amazingly simple. Believe it or not, I never thought that if I actually started to comment on the blogs I read that I might get traffic on my own blog (duh!). Some of the advice is way over my head. But that just gives me something to aim for right? The articles are short and easy to read. There is the occasional video also. There are useful comments from other bloggers.

I would have to say that I highly recommend this sight to anyone who wants to increase readership on their blog for any reason. You will find excellent advice whether you have been blogging for years or just starting, whether you do it for fun or for profit.

2 comments:

Cricky said...

I started to blog after reading an inspiring story on MSN.com one day. 2 years, 3 blogs and quite a few friendships made later, I don't know what I'd do without a blog to vent all of my thoughts, opinions, and rants too.

It helps to know people are reading your words. It helps to know someone can relate to what you are saying or going through.

I don't blog just for comments, alot of times I just set about to get something off my chest or to let the few family members I gave the url to, keep in touch. I'll have to check out problogger.

charmcitygirl said...

I blog because I love to write. I like to get ideas written before I forget them. I like to look back and see how I have changed, or not. I love knowing I am not the only one who has the same thoughts I have. I love meeting new people with new perspectives.

Thank you.