Monday, October 8, 2007

B'more Sports

Well, the Ravens pulled off a win against the lowly 49ers. They won 9-7. I guess I need to be satisfied with that seeing as both tight ends are injured and two of our offensive linemen went out with injured knees. Not to mention Jonathan Ogden is already out. So a win is a win. I hope everyone can be healthy by the time we play some of the tougher teams or this could be a real ugly season. Fortunately, we have the Rams coming up at home. Then the going gets tough.

The MD Terps won against Georgia Tech. They should be moving up in the rankings although not yet breaking the top 25. Turner is a good young quarterback. The game almost got away from them there at the end, but all's well that ends well. Fear the Turtle.

Oh yeah, there is some post season action going on in that other sport, umm, baseball. This post season, I am a Yankee fan. Only because NJG is a Yankee fan and I like to see him happy. So, they lost the first two games that they played in Cleveland. They came back from behind to beat the Indians in the Bronx and they play again tonight. So, I suppose I will watch that instead of MNF. It was nice to see the guy sing God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch. I wonder if they will show all of us rednecks in Baltimore dancing around to "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" by John Denver if the Orioles ever make it to post season again. Somehow, I don't think so.

No comments: